Monday 4 April 2011

BUTTERCUPS AND DAISIES


Mother's Day

I am a mother of 3 beautiful daughters.

The eldest is studying to become a teacher, even though she hated school herself.

The middle one has finally got her dream job in the place she has wanted to work ever since she was 17 years old (and after 5 years of applying).

The youngest is a huge diva, who thinks of nothing but her next stage performance and can remember very little of that dark time when we almost lost her, but for the miracle work of a surgeon, when she was 5 years old.

I am so proud of each one of them

and even though they sometimes make me sigh, swear and shout, I love each one of them - deeply and unconditionally,

But someone is missing.....

The one that never got to wear the tiny babygrows we had so carefully picked out...

or graze their knee in the park...

or hold a buttercup under their chin...

or make a daisy chain...

The one that never got to bring home a finger-painted Mother's Day card from nursery...

or make a toilet-roll fairy castle...

or ride a trike...

or hold my hand...



But I haven't forgotten.....even after 10 years

the one that Heaven wanted.

The one that left on Mother's Day

of all days...

2 comments:

  1. This is both unspeakably sad and unspeakably beautiful.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Viv. I truly appreciate that. My 3 girls are absolutely fantastic - and maybe there are daisy chains in heaven x

    ReplyDelete